1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WOLVERINES! A "Red Dawn" remake may be in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, May 19, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

C. Thomas Howell would take to a remake of Red Dawn like Jennie Garth to the 90210 remake.

God knows the dude's not doing anything anyone's ever going to see. Look at his IMDB page!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001367/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jed Eckert: C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

He was in 24.
    I bet he plays the dad in the remake.
    "Avenge me. Avenge me."

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? This is the GREATEST remake idea ever! Remake it but set it in the mid-80s like the original. It'll be all kinds of awesome in a trainwreck sort of way...Just like the original.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The question re: urban warfare is a good one... depends on the goal of the invading force. Want to keep the infrastructure intact? You're going to have to go in light, and without armor, the fight gets a lot more balanced.

Want to lay waste to everything? I've never seen a handgun that can stop an artillery barrage or, failing that, a low-yield nuke.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Instead of a remake, how about a sequel?

Red Dawn II: Beyond Calumet!!!!

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

They'll have to change the bad guys to some Al Qaeda type evil muslim enemy. Nobody's afraid of commie pinkos anymore.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Red Dawn II: Avenging Andy

(BTW, the ad on the bottom of this page is for the DVD release of Rambo. Awesome)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Most gangs are a little better armed than just handguns. Assuming it's a Russia-U.S. invasion we're talking, I'd think a nuclear strike on population centers like New York and L.A. would be the way to go. There's a lot of risks, i.e., a retaliatory strike, but not much reward other than capturing things like port facilities and major airports.
    You'd have an angry populace on your hands if you did anything to rile them, and you can bet your ass the U.S. government would be funneling arms to the gangs. The Bloods and Crips would become modern-day minutemen. If you're not planning to use the city for anything, the best way to go is to level the parts you don't need.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why does everybody assume the gangs would become heroic defenders of the nation?

They're criminals, who could likely be bought off with cash and appointments to positions of power.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have never been more excited by a remake.
    Set it in the same time period, but make it on a different front.
    Red Dawn: The Battle for Shreveport.
    Ohmigod, I think I need to go change my pants and lie down for a little bit.
    I am so excited right now.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not to mention part of the original's premise -- that Cuban soldiers posing as illegal immigrants and invading through Texas -- would piss off a hell of a lot of people these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted