1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wojnarowski: Zeke gets what he deserves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nicely done, although I'm not sure about the selling tickets and winning championships line about Kobe.

Isiah is finding out the hard way how bad a general manager he is. The sad thing about it is the Knicks - despite their 5-10 record - are only one game out of first in the putrid Atlantic division.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Great column. I've often wondered why GMs roll out max contracts with such frequency, it doesn't make sense.

Yahoo sports and aol.com have become bookmarked, while I am letting go of my LA Times subscription when it comes due.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, Zeke and Starbury, two of Woj's favorite whipping boys ... right up there with Larry Brown, Bob Mulcahy and John Calipari

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's a vicious column. but to paraphrase homer simpson, it's OK because it's true.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You're not a whipping boy if you've earned it.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

All I'm saying goalie is woj has certain people who he'll attack at every turn...not that they don't deserve it.
    But if Zeke and Larry Brown combined to find a cure for cancer, woj would still rip them for trying to profit from other people's misery

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good line, spnited. Though I would rather see more blistering columns like this all-around when deserved than fewer.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The difference between winning and losing - at the management level.

Detroit Pistons general manager Joe Dumars still hasn't awarded a max contract, but he won the 2004 NBA championship and made it to a Game 7 a year later.

Thomas paraded some of the worst modern max-out deals in NBA history through Madison Square Garden – Penny Hardaway and Antonio Davis, Steve Francis and Jalen Rose – and the Knicks never recovered.

I had no idea Joe D hadn't paid a max. Very impressive.

11. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

max deals are definitely a curse. it's amazing how many are handed out. in reality, only five or six players deserve them.

12. I love the Woj, but if you're going to do a number about the antidote to coach-killing locker-room cancers, it should never include the name of Kobe Bryant.

Draft saved Draft deleted