1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WKRP alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jun 6, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Time for season 2 to come out on DVD.
    I didn't realize they were on until 9:30 so I got to see the last one where Mama Carlson was going to turn WKRP into all news because she didn't want the station to get too successful.
    The scene where Dr. Fever comes to her house is priceless.
    "Madam, your physician is here to see you."
    Give me a day of WKRP, Lou Grant and White Shadow and I am a very happy man.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Loved it. They had the turkey episode.

Oh the humanity.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"I do the sports news, Mr. Fly Trap. I don't know if you've noticed, but there certainly are a lot of Negroes in sports."

Back on WGN right now. Not sure if it's the turkey episode but they just showed the pilot again.

4. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I get WKRP each Monday at 10 pm, on one of those little weird cable stations, this one being "American Life".

In fact, Monday is great starting with Combat at 7pm, followed by Mission Impossible, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart, WKRP, and then Bob Newhart. Then, they start to rerun these reruns.

Sunday has quite a lineup also.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

TURKEYS CAN FLY, RIGHT NOW, WGN

Draft saved Draft deleted