1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wizaaaaaaaaard!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Grimace, May 13, 2008.

1. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Sorry if this is a DB, but does anyone else thing that the Alltel commercial with the nerdy guys and Chad featuring the wizard is the funniest thing on TV right now?

For those that haven't seen it (your loss!) there are these nerdy guys representing the other cell phone companies and they pull up in a van. They tell Chad to stop offering such good deals and he's like, "No."

So what happens? (this is where it gets good) One of the nerdy cell phone guys says, "You leave me no choice!" and yells "Wizaaaaaaaaaaard" and the Wizard painted on the van comes to life.

But wait! The Wizard asks Chad about the great cell phone deals and he's won over.

Nice try cell phone nerds!

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, the first 100 times I saw it. Like any decent commercial, they get tiring because I keep seeing them too many times.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Have you seen the sequel where he visist the Wizard at home and the baby wizard has a white goatee and he's levitating his spoon? Good stuff.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I never once found these commercials remotely amusing. In fact, I loathe them because they make absolutely no sense and aren't funny.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No.

But I have seen the one where he comes off the van and says "Oh, it's you guys again."

6. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Amen

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

best commercial right now is at : www.walkofnoshame.com

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was wondering what happened to that T-shirt.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stay thirsty, my friends.

10. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Amen. This is the best ad campaign on TV right now.

Though the Old Spice guy sliding around the bases still gets me every time.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've seen the Wizard commercial at least 100 times, but until this thread I couldn't tell you what company it was for. Which makes it a bad commercial.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Call it lame and overdone, but the Geico caveman saying "Baltimore is a great place to pick up dance moves" is epic.

Draft saved Draft deleted