1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wither Woods?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Apr 9, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Down 2 to Phil going into the final round, comes out down 3 to the winner Phil.

Everyone wanted to see Tiger roar back and win one from behind, but he lost ground.

Does he get a pass from the media because he was preoccupied with thoughts of his ill father, or does the greatest golfer in history, to the age of 30, get labled as choking in a major?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He lost a whole stroke to a guy who put up a 69 in the final round of a major?
    Wow. What a fucking choker. This Woods guy is supposed to be good!?!?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tiger is superman, superman doesn't lose to Inspector Henderson

4. Moderator1

Hey, I'm with you. That Mickelson feller blows, just blows. What the fuck's he ever done anyway?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Eat. And sweat.

6. Moderator1

And produce babies with a stunningly beautiful woman. And win the past two majors and two of the past three Masters.
    Otherwise, not shit, I say. Not shit. Fuckin' Woods oughta retire.

7. abesimpson22

abesimpson22 Guest

Tiger's whole career, all we've heard is he needs a rival to complete his greatness. Well, he's obviously f-ing got one, doesn't he?

8. Fubar

Fubar Member

You wanna know who the choker is? Jim Gallagher, Jr. That guy didn't even freakin' show up!

9. I just thought I'd respond to this thread so it can be an entirely D.C. area/Terp thread. Because that's the only redeeming point to the thread.

(Then I try to post).

Oh shit ... and Fubar and abesimpson have to crash the party. Oh well.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How about that David Duval? Didn't even make the cut! Neither did Bart Bryant. And a bunch of other guys.

11. abesimpson22

abesimpson22 Guest

No matter how they try to spruce up the course, The Masters remains a putting contest, as we saw today. That was almost comical, watching those guys f. up five-foot putts all day, and three-putt from 10 feet.

12. Moderator1

You gotta speed it up there Ralph, you damn choker.

Draft saved Draft deleted