1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wither Larry Munson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 16, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Nothing confirmed, but Twitter (insert eye roll) blowing up that he is gravely ill. Any word from Peach State SportsJournalists.com?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the greatest calls of all-time...

"Buck back. Third down on the 8. In trouble. Got a block behind him. Going to throw on the run. Complete to the 25, to the 30. Lindsay Scott 35, 40. Lindsay Scott 45, 50, 45, 40. Run Lindsay! Twenty-five, 20, 15, 10, 5. Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Well, I don't believe it. 92 yards and Lindsay really got in a footrace, I broke my chair, I came right through a chair, a metal STEEL chair...Do you know what is gonna happen here tonight? And up at St. Simons,Jekyll Island and all those places, where all those Dawg people have got those condominiums for four days...MAN, is there gonna be some property destroyed tonight!"

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Truly a legend. Enjoyed him on Falcons games, as well. Hoping for the best.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Whither wither?

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Augusta Chronicle has a story ... but it's based on the Twitter speculation.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/2011-09-16/uga-former-announcer-munson-said-be-gravely-ill?v=1316173947

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Whither wither Withers?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

For some reason it registered in my head as Lester Munson, even though you mentioned the peach state. I'm glad I read the story linked above.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most southern announcers annoy the shit out of me... For whatever reason, Munson did not.

Granted, I have a family tie to UGA and usually root for the Doggies, but I don't think that was the reason why I always got a kick out of Munson.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is my favorite part of that whole call.

10. mb

mb Active Member

Dawgs had Munson.
    Chickens have former QB Todd Ellis.

"Sanders to the 40, the 45, the 50, the 55 ..."

May he take a hobnail boot to whatever ails him.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not sure if he's gravely ill. Just know he has a gravelly voice.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A grammatical nit, but is the thread title supposed to be asking if he has withered away? Or is it supposed to be asking where is he?

Draft saved Draft deleted