1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With this Dumbass in Chief, can the world last another 26 months?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

This asshole sits there today and says, in essence: "Civil war, what civil war?"

DON'T ELECT MORONS, PEOPLE!

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Our Dumbass in Chief: Can the world last anothe 26 months?

If we can sit through Chris Berman and Michael Irvin, we can get through this one. It's just 26 more months. Think happy thoughts Det. Columbo, think happy candidates.

"...just sit back and relax." --Robert M. Knight

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, when he speaks, Shrub is proving to be the Scoop Jackson of world leaders

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

B-E-A-utiful.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hey, once an enabler, always an enabler. ;)

Dub knows the war has a problem of failing much like LeBastard knows The U has a problem of thuggery. They are still in denial!

6. Tom Friedman says we need to pump in 150K more troops or get out.
    150,000?
    I've always wanted to ask this in a context where it's literally true:
    "YOU AND WHAT ARMY?"
    And Friedman's supposed to be one of the smart ones.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, the Iraqis aren't acting very civil these days. So, it's really not a civil war, you see.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, to be fair, what is he SUPPOSED to say?

"Boy did we screwed the pooch. It's anarchy there. Anarchy!!!! We don't know what to do. Shit, what a hopeless situation we created. Hell, if I were Iraqi, I'd get the hell out of dodge, pronto!"

He knows there's a huge mess there. Criticize him for that. But to expect him to project anything but "I'm in control" is ludicrous. That's what presidents do, whether they are in control or not. Why create stupid things to be critical about, when there are such tangible things?

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, everybody knows that there's a huge mess there. It's not just the president who understands this, which is why his credibility is sinking with every word he speaks and why his approval rating is abysmal at this point. He's making himself look like a fool and a liar, and he's misrepresenting the danger that American troops now find themselves.

It's a fucking travesty. Regardless of what precedents you think other presidents set, this guy deserves to rot in hell. His refusal to recognize what's going on in Iraq is worse than his pre-war miscalculations and manipulations.

Frankly, this has gone on long enough. To sit idly by and pretend that he's just doing his presidential duty is a terrific mistake. Sure, there's a time for showing strength and control. We passed that phase long ago. It's time to cut the shit and level with people. And, I'm not sure you're leveling with us here. You're going a little wild with your assumption that he's supposed to scream and run like a sissy. We just think he should recognize that there is a developing civil conflict. Perhaps it doesn't qualify as a traditional civil war, but it's certainly more than an ongoing skirmish. This guy continues to use words that insult the intelligence of everyone. Maybe it's the American way to nod and praise the chief, but it's high time we changed that.

Of course, none of this really matters. Bush has already cemented himself as the worst president in the country's history. That's a done deal. Regardless of what we think, historians will find in him the perfect storm of asshole and idiot. The only thing that matters at all now is how the hell we solve this mess. I don't have a magic wand, but I'd better a fortune that I could formulate a better plan than the Bush Administration.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What's so civil about war anyway?

Incidentally, when did Axl Rose morph into 70s personality-for-no-discernable-reason Paul Williams? Shown here in his seminal appearance with the Muppets.

[​IMG]

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted