1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With Democrats like this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Let me guess -- so funny you forgot to laugh?

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, you pansy-ass lefties, if you want a glaring example of a U.S. military cluterfuck in an unwinnable situation, don't fucking look at Iraq. The Balkans -- that's where it's at. We should send Donald Rumsfeld in to fix that one.

We have soldiers stationed in Germany and Japan. I guess that means we didn't really win World War II.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess which card Chris_L plays.

http://www.palmprints.com/guy/Images/IsomorphicFull/D4_Villain.jpg

NSFW, unfortunately. But appropriate on several levels.

4. Truman declared Victory in Europe in 1945 but it wasn't until 1949 that sovereignty was handed back to the (West) Germans. And yes we still do have troops stationed there.

Our fast food Democrats want victory declared in Iraq and the country running like a good democracy like yesterday.

Besides "cut and run" - has there been any plan put forth from the Democrats on how to handle Iraq? What does Hillary have to say on the subject?

5. Actually this is more appropriate. You folks are fun. Like wind-up toys.

[​IMG]

6. Football_Bat

Go back to talking like a pirate, Lou. You'd be a hella lot more popular here.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Lord have mercy. What's your next argument gonna be? That more soldiers died on Tuesdays during Clinton's presidency? It would be about as absurd as this ignorant shit.

Only a person ignorant enough to still support GWB would mention the word "victories" while comparing Bush and Clinton. By my count, GWB is 0-for-3: Afghanistan (not a win if you ultimately lose the country), Iraq (couldn't be more of a loss) and terrorism (worse today than when the "War on Terror" started).

It would also take a rather ignorant person to mention another president slashing the military budget while defending Bush. I'm sure those injured soldiers really enjoyed that big-ass military budget ... oh wait, nope, probably not, since their benefits were slashed DURING WAR TIME.

Again, what does the guy need to do to convince you he's a terrible president? He's been in office six years. He has not one single notable accomplishment. He has so many failures that we've stopped counting. He has lied to us so many times we've stopped counting those, too. He's stripped away our Constitutional rights on a steady basis. And he's surrounded himself with the most incompetent, crooked people imaginable. But hey, at least he didn't lie to his wife about an affair with an intern. Solid guy.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Chris:

You say Bush could beat John Kerry by a 2-to-1 margin and then you cite history about presidents.

If you know the first thing about history, you know that since 1876, nobody has won the presidency by a 2-to-1 margin. Nobody.

Bush will be judged - and is being judged - more harshly than Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon. He simply doesn't get it. And what you don't get, not having been alive during the Viet Nam war era, is the simple lesson of Viet Nam. That lesson is there are limits to what military power can accomplish, especially when it is far away from home. The Soviet Union learned that to its dismay and demise in Afghanastan.

The United States armed forces at the current time are the most potent armed forces in the history of the world. The technological advantages are there, the fact that there is no other world power which compares to the US, and the way they could march in to Iraq and win a war in less than a couple of months shows that power. But, as I said, there are limits to military power. Great Britain found that out in 1781 when Cornwallis surrendered to a band of rag tag insurgent guerilla fighters.

9. And Bat you go back to following along with what the majority of posters agree with. You'll be more... you.

10. Out of curiousity - can you tell me what Constitutional rights have been stripped away from you?

Seriously - this is a mantra that is a constant refrain from the left but nobody ever says what rights they are being stripped of.

Politics of fear - first it was "John Ashcroft's America" and now this.

11. Thank you Michael Moore for calling the insurgents in Iraq the equivalent of Minutemen during the American Revolution.

I have news for you - Iraq is not Vietnam and the insurgents aren't modern day Paul Revere's.

12. Football_Bat

I wasn't even talking to you, assmunch. I was talking to someone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted