1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With Democrats like this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cue chirping.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

The source I posted cited deaths as accidental. I'm assuming they were by accident. I do know NATO during Clinton's watch brought Milosovic to justice without a single US soldier death. Wes Clarke and Clinton had an exit plan.

I like W's exit plan, four years later we ADD more troops!!!!

W missed Vietnam so he wants this generation to experience what he missed in a drunken AWOL fog.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Stay drunk, Boston.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Absolutely. August 1692 wouldn't hurt either.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The number of accidental deaths in the military is actually pretty high . . . much higher than I would have assumed. Of course, many of these aren't really "military" accidents, just someone who has an auto accident or a slip-and-fall accident who happens to be in the military.

That being said . . . you posted the numbers for the first four years of each presidency.

Let's see them for the first six years.

6. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Clinton's slashed military tore up Afghanistan in a month. You know the place the Russians were bogged down in for a decade?

I can't explain why there were accidental deaths at any time (but I think it was Cheney who said when you use the military, you thank the previous president - so by his estamite you can blame Bush 41 for the "accidents" and thank Clinton for pushing a smaller, lighter military that relied on things like the Predatore) but I can explain why there have been more than 3,000 American deaths in Iraq -- pure negligence.

Republicans sure hate Clinton for slashing the military - So why don't you rail against Rumsfeld for the same?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It was more like the Clinton military that fought a proxy war using Northern Alliance thugs. The only thing we did was back 'em up and toss in some bomber runs and cruise missiles.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

LJB: Puritan yahoos eager to burn people at the stake? Been there, seen that, in my lifetime.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you don't want your mom brought into it, stop acting like a fucking 10-year-old.

BTW, I'm not from Toronto. And my American roots go deeper than yours.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I know a number of ten-year-olds who are blessed with far greater maturity of expression.

11. Lamar - you continue to show that you have no clue.

US troops are still in the Balkans - so I guess that exit strategy you touted is still in the execution stage.

There were military deaths in the Balkan conflict but they were conveniently classified as "accidental" and the MSM took Clinton's word for it (even though Apache helicopters normally don't just explode mid-air on their own).

Also Milosevic died of natural causes - so I'm not sure if I'd agree with your sense of "justice."

But keep plugging away - someday you'll get some facts straight. You may even learn to spell Milosevic correctly.

12. You trot out the "well you made me do it" defense and you say I'm the one acting like a 10-year old?

You're a funny guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted