1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With Democrats like this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Someone lend Evil B. the rabbit with a pancake on its head. It would at least give me a smile. Otherwise, he's just taking up space and bandwith.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

thank you sportschick. 8)

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Nancy Boyda. If Jim Ryun still held that seat, he'd be giving us some bullshit about how losing 3,000 troops needless in Iraq was God's will, and Dubya was delivered unto us by the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...
    Boyda may be an invertebrate, but really, could you do better in that seat? Not sure.

5. I just spent more than 10 minutes reading all of Evil Bastard's "arguments." I want a refund.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Clinton looks like a genius compared to the idiots who preceded and followed him.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Surprised nobody else has caught this -- what exactly does it mean to "misunderestimate" someone? Wouldn't that technically mean you've got that person figured out?

8. double-J -- "Misunderestimated" is a Bushism. It's a self-description he used on the campaign trail (I think) while he was running for governor.
    Anyway, here's some more stuff that happens more often in Philadelphia, or that the evil liberal MSM is making up, or something. But, of course, for the average Iraqi citizen, the ones that aren't being tortured with power drills or hung from lampposts, the local economy is booming, I tell you.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/world/middleeast/07iraq.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

9. BTW - Today is the 7th anniversary of the beginning of the Clinton Impeachment proceedings.

Happy anniversary. Maybe to celebrate you Clintonistas can go and cheat on your wife and then lie to everyone you know about it (then again - I doubt if many of you guys are married or can get laid).

10. Ragu - I understand your point but the fact remains that federal tax revenues are also at an all-time high even after the tax cuts (and in my opinion because of the tax cuts) and that the deficit as percentage of tax revenues is well within historical norms.

11. High crimes and misdemeanors!
    Rule of law!
    Nobody's above the law!

One of the great festivals of hypocrisy, made even more hilarious with the passage of time, and the passage of the office into the hands of a lawless, bloody bungler.
    Source, please, on the tax-revenue argument, although it's nice to know there's one supply-sider, Laffer Curve devotee still out there.
    Here's Greg Mankiw, who worked for this WH with an opposing view.
    http://econ161.berkeley.edu/movable_type/

Draft saved Draft deleted