1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

While you're at the pharmacy, have him write you a prescription for two adult male testicles.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You never catch the dragon.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I had mine yanked by a Navy dentist. They won't let you on submarines with wisdom teeth for fear you'll jeopardize a mission. Anyway, I think I just had three. The next morning, I woke up and looked like I'd been in the ring with Mike Tyson for a beat down. There was blood running down my cheek and I was noticeably swollen. They gave me Tylox or something like that. I quit that as soon as I could because it made me feel loggy. After that, aspirin was enough to stop the minor aches.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously? Why?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Had mine done about 15 years ago. All were fine, but I had cracked the enamel on the side of one. So the dentist, now deceased and a former Michigan quarterback, told me that it was better to pull it. and if they pulled one, they might as well pull all four. Had the foresight to plan ahead and made milkshakes and mashed potatoes so I could have something to eat.
    So he goes in and starts pulling. Shoots up the lower jaw where he's pulling the first tooth, but didn't shoot the one on the other side. So he's basically pulling the other side of the jaw out of the socket, since the one tooth was in so well, and I can feel it.
    Every freakin nerve is on fire.
    I ask for something to grab like a tennis ball. They don't have one, so this frail little hygenist -- maybe 5-2 and 100 pounds if she's lucky -- offers to let me hold her hand and squeeze. I feel the fingers and tell her no thanks, I'll snap them like kindling.
    I also got some nitrous oxide... just enough to make me feel like a three-drink buzz... didn't help the pain...
    Gave me pure oxygen to sober me up, sent me on my way home -- where I slept on the couch for two days.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This thread is scaring the hell out of me.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. My "You've got to be fricking kidding me" look must have spoken volumes, because he never even bothered to give me the name of the oral surgeon he was going to recommend before I left.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Same.

I have to get three of mine pulled soon ... well, probably around the end of August. And I don't like dentists. So I think this is the only time I'll visit this thread ... until I can add a story in September.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ahh! I had my wisdom teeth out when I was a sophomore in high school. It was awful. I had to get all four out - all impacted. I couldn't eat anything but pudding and Jello for a week because I didn't want to get a dry socket and have to deal with the pain with having to get that fixed.

Even thinking about it gives me the chills...

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Not to make it worse ... but the queen just informed me that she would rather go through labor again than having any tooth pulled. She was a mess when she had hers yanked four years ago.

It's been about 11 hours since the procedure ended. Mouth still is very sore. Can't open it very far, but the bleeding has finally stopped. I've had two helpings of applesauce, chocolate pudding and a milkshake (sans a straw) since. And these pills they gave me? Holy krap, top of the line shit.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then Chef showed up, cut off Kingcreole's feet and made him forget all about his sore mouth. The end.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The only thing I remember from my wisdom-teeth extraction is that the free vanilla shake I got post-op was marred by all the blood. Still tasted pretty good, though. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted