1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisconsin's governor: Protest end of labor contracts, I'm dragging out the Guard

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Basically, whatever you were planning on for a pension, you can forget about it.

As well as your SS and Medicaid, too.

Be sure and buy a jumbo bottle of sleeping pills while you still can.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So you think all those programs will be around when the governmental units are forced into bankruptcy just so government union workers can have $100K pensions?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"xx (fill in your number) daid in Wiiiiiis-Kon-Sin . . . "

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We could raise corporate taxes just a smidgen, but that's off the table.

So I'm planning on a tasty chocolate shake with a couple hundred Sominex mixed in as my retirement plan.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's about time we strong arm these people into 401ks. The last thing I wanna see is my local CEO at the food bank because of some slap's pension.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"They just raised the corporate income tax. Should we cut bonuses or lay off 10 percent of our workforce?"

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Re: Wisconsin's governor: Protest end of labor contracts, I'm dragging out the G

Tax the shit out of the bonuses too.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So you think its acceptable to threaten to call in the National Fucking Guard over a labor/budgetary issue?

Don't bloviate, it's a simple yes or no answer.

9. old_tony

All that happened was Walker briefed the National Guard on what might happen in the case of massive public union strikes. All the bloviating is coming from the union side.

But what do I know considering I'm simply too stupid to counter the strongly intellectual arguments such as "Walker's a clown" and "Walker's an idiot" that Z-man and Mira made.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes or no? Is it OK to invoke the National Guard for a labor/budgetary issue?

11. old_tony

Keep matches away from your straw man. It might go up in flames.

But to answer what actually was discussed, it would be negligence not to brief the National Guard on what might happen if there are massive public-sector strikes and protests.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Another gross overreation from a state chief executive looking to swing his, around.

These yahoos never disappoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.