1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wire searches in InDesign

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dog8Cats, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

I've tried searching for this but found nothing on this board. Still, I apologize in advance if it's been treated already.

We recently switched to InDesign for page production. Those responsible for compiling the agate haven't been able to construct a wire search that returns ONLY agate files (as opposed to text files). On our former system, text and agate files were fed to different directories. Now, they are coming over mixed together, causing our agate builders overhead when searching for agate files they need.

Can anyone offer a clue as to what technological doo-hickey is used to identify whether a file is an agate or a text file?

Thank you.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The agate files are longer and I think come with a Z. The ones that end in .1 are one-column format. At least that's true for our data centers.

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

What kind of production database system (DTI, Falcon, Saxotech, NewsEdit, etc.) are you using?

Draft saved Draft deleted