1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wire Episode 50 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by VJ, Dec 4, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can't get an answer on Omar?

Also, how about the "Rawls sucks cock" graffitti on the bathroom wall? Classic.

2. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Yeah, I've been wondering when that item was going to come again every since the end of Season 3. I guess it might turn out to be the real reason Rawls can't be commissioner.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Exactly....thats what I was getting at, just didn't have the time to elaborate.

One more thing....how about Cutty's hospital roommate watching "Deadwood" in the room, if you read the Q&A with David Simon you'll understand.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Charter finally put it up tonight, and I watched it. I'm speechless right now. I am without speech. And I have to watch it again. It was, in a word, perfection.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Since I'm seeing characters pop up under screen names around here, I thought I'd give some face time to the unheralded Slim Charles.

6. Dedo

Dedo Member

Yet another thing that's great about The Wire -- in the middle of one of the most brilliantly gripping, undeniably poignant, emotionally draining 79 minutes of TV ever, we find out that Omar actually kept his order ticket for the clock he brought to Prop Joe.

I barely had time to stop laughing before I started crying again.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

How about the fact that Prop Joe had actually fixed it, and had it waiting for him when Omar handed him his order ticket and money? It was pretty funny.

8. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Working out of an unassuming appliance store front, eastside narcotics kingpin Proposition Joe prefers peace to war and profit above all.

In other words, Prop Joe knows all too well that No-Heart Anthony's little brother is not to be trifled with...

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Just watched the last two episodes, and have a lot to talk about, and too many posts from this thread to quote one by one, so I'll try to just throw out some general points/opinions.

I'm pumped McNulty is back in action... not sure if he'll fall back to his old ways though.
    I think Omar is going to be next season's McNulty... as in his character takes a backseat because Simon may feel like he has gotten as much as he can out of him.
    No idea what's going to happen to Bubs... I too noticed he made his bed, nice touch... agree that Sherrod's death was pretty easy to see coming.
    I'll have to watch again now, but how did you guys find out it wasn't Michael that killed Bodie? Could you just tell on first viewing or did you hear about it and then go back and look? Who was the guy he killed at the end? And didn't they say they had "another" job for him?
    Tragic to see Dukie wind up on the corners.
    I got the sense that Namond was missing the old lifestyle a bit at the end, like Cutty was back when he was mowing lawns. He may not have the heart for the game, but that easy money probably looked better than cleaning your dishes and getting to school.

That's plenty for now.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Boobie....

Two things fooled me about the Bodie hit....

1. I missed Chris' utterance about Michael having worked for Bodie.

2. When Marlo told Michael that he would have Bodie's corner now, there wasn't even an inkling of surprise in Michael's countenance.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Namond may not know much right now, but I think he knows he doesn't belong on the corner. He ran headlong away from that shit, and I don't see him going back.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I just think it'll be harder for him to put that lifestyle behind him than some do.

Draft saved Draft deleted