1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

OK

We had a ribbon cutting at our new radio station today, and the owner wants to have wine, cheese, assorted hors d'ouevres.

So, knowing absolutely NADA about wine, I trudge into the liquor store, and say, "Hey, bitch........gimme some wine!"

So, she picks out 4 4 liter bottles of Carlo Rossi......A Sangria, Blush, Paisano, and ...........uh...Chablis.

So, as of now, I am about 1/3 of the way through the Sangria, and it's pretty damn tasty........my question is......

Is Sangria or Paisano the better to keep chilled?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's better to keep the glass full... do it enough and it doesn't matter whether it's chilled or not...

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Make sure you take a wee before you drink too much.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And be sure to do it in the shower.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

With wine, do whatever you want that makes it taste how you like it.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Who was that liquor store employee? A bag lady from Tulsa?

Christ, get some good advice next time. Carlos Rossi? That's just grape-flavored piss.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I understand Thunderbird is a good wine.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Ummmmm....with those wines, be prepared for one hell of a hang over (of Boone's Farm proportions) tommorrow morning.

And yes, I'd keep those chilled.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmm .... Mad Dog.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Did the "liquor store" have this sign on the front?

[​IMG]

That's some nasty shit . . . anyway, I suppose chilling any of that stuff wouldn't hurt it. Sangria better than the other. Also, keep in mind that the room temperature at which red wine is supposed to be served is about 65 degrees.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That would be for good wines. The lower quality the wine, the colder it should be served.

Chef: I suggest going to a Total Wine (if you have one in your area) and posing the same question

Draft saved Draft deleted