1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Windows Movie Maker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Is anyone here extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) proficient in using Windows Movie Maker? I'm making a video for an awards banquet Tuesday evening and I figured asking here first would be easier than searching for two hours for what I need.

PM me and I'll explain what I want to do - it involves adding pictures to title boards (or whatever you call them.)

Thanks!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Will Powerpoint not work for that? You can add audio underneath and the transitions and slides are better... but yeah. I got yer back...

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I don't have Powerpoint on this computer, I'm too cheap to activate it. :)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, what's the WMM issue?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Check your PM.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Wait ... slappy decided to help you instead of linking to a certain clip?

What the hell kind of bizarro SJ board is this?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Figured it out.

Start the photo at the beginning without a title. Add a title to the beginning Type in as you want. Switch the view from storyboard to timeline and drag the title clip down to the bottom in the row called TITLE OVERLAY...
    The overlay will play at the same time as the photo and will appear as the front page picture.
    For the closing credits, you treat it as a sound of sorts. Create your credits and they will appear (in the timeline) as a slide/picture/media item. Click on the item and you can slide it left or right for as long as you want.
    Create your slides and transitions and effects in storyboard. But do your editing for duration and time in timeline...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That was exactly what I was looking for - worked just fine. Thank you so very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted