1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wimpiest athletes by sport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, really, it's which athletes are the biggest pussies, but figured I'd keep it out of the thread title in deference to some and to not look like a complete copycat of Zeke's thread.

Having seen all the flopping and cringing and sobbing and stretcher carrying at the World Cup is there any doubt these guys are the leaders in the puscatore clubhouse. Jesus H Christ, I never seen such wailing and carrying on after phantom slide tackles, little nudges, etc. in my life. What a bunch of frickin' losers. Either that, or they are the ultimate drama queens with absolutely horrific acting chops. And I don't know which is worse. These one named wonders lead the dress parade in my book.

Next--baseball players. I mean, damn, for a sport with virtually zero contact, the number of injuries is astounding. Sure, i can see pitchers getting arm trouble, but the rest of these guys must have bones made of peanut brittle and muscles of rubber bands (steroid free versions). It shouldn't be that dangerous to a) run the bases, b) field a ball and c) throw a ball. And yet hamstring after hamstring, clavicle after clavicle, these guys can't make it up the dugout steps without a detour to the disabled list, I'm beginning to think professional bowlers are in better shape. And what's with I can't pitch any more because I have a blister. Tell you what, fuck off and get back out to the mound.

On the other hand, you've got the tough boys of football (real football) and hockey. Hockey is amazing, you got contact at high speed in every corner, fist fights are not discouraged, they travel past one another on skates that could slice meat and all the while a hard rubber disk is flying around at speeds of 100 miles per hour. Hopefully, the soccer princesses stay off the ice.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The next person that uses pussy to mean wimpy is gonna get his ass kicked. Just saying.

An increasingly hostile ex-hockey player

3. sportschick

You're gonna be first, babe.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

By a girl? Man, anybody who lets that happen is a real...

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oooo.  Gotta second SC on this one.

What I don't get:  Men supposedly love it, act like it's the end-all-be-all.... then some use it as a derogatory term.

Is it good or is it bad-- which is it?

6. lono

lono Active Member

Male figue skaters.

End of thread.

7. lono

lono Active Member

The correct answer is good. :)

8. sportschick

You wouldn't be the first guy whose ass I kicked.

Really, why is it necessary to denegrate men by calling them a part of the female anatomy? It's unoriginal and insulting to women. Go figure out how to be more creative and perhaps less of an digbat.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You try getting your fastball to go where you want it to go if you have a dime sized blister on your index finger.

Putting a Band-Aid won't do squat to help you.

It may seem wimpy, but pitching is a precise art.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My wife thinks that football players are the biggest pus... wimps in sports.

"OH GET UP" is what I hear every time she watches a game. And the fact that they need oxygen on the bench after playing four six-second plays is a never-ending source of amusement for her.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Why do you all have to be such dicks?

12. KP

KP Active Member

Damn it, someone beat me to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted