1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilson Times Sportswriter, Wilson, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Craig Sagers Tailor, Oct 6, 2010.

1. How many papers these days aren't "award-winning"? Not many.

2. It seems like the more likely a paper is to mention it's award-winning, the more wary of it I would be.

3. brandonsneed

brandonsneed Member

Can second the comments on Paul and Michael. Know them both fairly well. Interviewed Michael a lot for my book about Ant Atkinson and he was more than gracious with his time. He's a good dude; glad to see him moving forward in life.

Paul's great too, for most of the same reasons. Generous and genuinely nice guy.

Wilson's a great little town. My younger brother goes to high school there, and my other younger brother went to college there. Relatively quiet, but has lots of great people.

Feel free to email me, too, if you want more info on the area. I'm at bmsneed@gmail.com. I don't live there anymore, but I grew up in Greenville and went to college at Barton in Wilson, too, so I know the area. I'm sure Michael can tell you all you need to know, but if you want a second opinion, I'd be glad to talk.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you can be proud of the work you do on a daily basis and make money, no need to trump award-winning. That's code for the work is hell, but you'll have a good shot at getting a plaque.

5. SteveMcQueen

SteveMcQueen New Member

I applied for this one yesterday. Anyone hear back yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted