1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WILMA! Get me my smokes!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Apr 21, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now, I've had about two cigarettes in my life, and my father died of lung cancer. But damned if I didn't have nicotine cravings after seeing this commercial, featuring the man who would be B.J. Hunnicutt:

And yeah, some of the cigarette commercials in the 50s were entertaining for their ignorance of facts (some cigarettes made your throat less sore??). But by the 1960s, the companies caught on that you sell a mood, and sex, not necessarily a product, and you watch too many samples of Madison Avenue's finest work, and you'll be jonesing, too.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

the early seasons of Sesame Street are inappropriate for today's preschoolers. Or so says the warning label on the Sesame Street DVDs
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine/18wwln-medium-t.html?ex=1352955600&en=0075a0119c3b37d3&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am too lazy to dig it up...
    Insert pic of Capt. Picard shaking his head here...

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I think this one:
    [​IMG]

is more appropriate than this one..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted