1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Willem Dafoe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 22, 2006.

1. Today is Willem Dafoe's 55th birthday. Here are what I consider his 5 best movies.

1. Platoon
    2. To Live and Die in LA
    3. Clear and Present Danger
    4. The Boondock Saints
    5. Spider Man

Almost making the cut were Mississippi Burning and The Last Temptation of the Christ.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Re: Willem Defoe

No Body of Evidence with Madonna?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Next week Lou gives us his top 5 Robert Vaughn movies.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Man, I needed the laugh I just had. Gracias.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

He's in a great British series that's now playing Wednesday nights on CBC. called "Hustle", about a bunch of con artists
    Great fucking show.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brought to you by Yuengling, natch.

7. Re: Willem Defoe

As far as I'm concerned Magnificent Seven was it for Vaughn. Not a Man from UNCLE fan. (I'd also be willing to give you Bullitt)

I've been meaning to give HUSTLE a shot though.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, and Lou, it's "Dafoe", not "Defoe".

Might want to change that.

9. Re: Willem Defoe

Thanks Junior ;)

Daniel and Willem - always get them confused.

10. Songbird

Some of you Robert Vaughn fans (read: Lou Merloni) might be able to help me. I haven't seen many Robert Vaughn movies. Before I forget this thought: Is he the father of Vince Vaughn? Yes? No? Maybe?

Anyway, when I was a teen, 12 or 13, I watched Robert Vaughn in this network TV movie (could've been HBO or Showtime, though), where he played a husband who does something bad, or is just a bad guy in general. The first image I have ALWAYS of Robert Vaughn, when I hear or see his name, is a scene in this movie in which he's doing his wife under the sheets missionary style; I think it's a flashback scene or something. For whatever reason it was a bizarre moment.

That's my Robert Vaughn story.

11. He's not the father of Vince but it may interest you to know that he went to U of Minnesota to study journalism but quit after one year.

12. Songbird

Did he get term papers written for him, too, so that he could play in the Final 4? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted