1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Still Follow the World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 26, 2010.

?

Will you still follow the World Cup

1. Yes

67.7%
  2. No

32.3%
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

World Cup is like the Olympics: A few things I don't usually watch as a little diversion during baseball season, plus I'm curious to see who does win.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Will watch the most interesting matchups but only if I'm home. I won't go to a bar at lunch to catch a half. I will watch the semis and final if I can.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Pissed that Germany and Argentina are playing the same time as the Wimbledon women's final next Saturday.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I'm not sure pure eyeballs would convince the suits as much as 18-45 target demos, but soccer tends to do well there anyway.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm following it, but not watching it, if that makes any sense.

6. AD

AD Active Member

the question is insane. this is where the games get incredible.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Especially since second-rate soccer countries like England and the USA have been kicked to the curb.

8. Crash

Crash Active Member

My favorite thing about America's "Soccer is boring" crowd is that a vast majority of them likely find the NFL Draft intriguing.

And yes, I will most definitely be watching.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm watching as well.

I wouldn't walk across the street to watch and MLS game and American soccer fans are, for the most part, insufferable douchebags but I do enjoy the World Cup.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Watched both yesterday. The England/Germany game was quite engaging--one of those matches that would silence soccer critics and complainers, like myself.

Will definitely follow the big name games--Germany, Argentina, Brazil. Ura/Para/guay and Ghana? Not so much.

Rooting for Argentina now--seem like a likable group with some personality.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'll watch as long as the South American teams' fans keep painting themselves and bouncing around in bikini tops.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would rather watch preseason NFL than the World Cup final.

Draft saved Draft deleted