1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you ever attend another live event?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is likely. The vaccine was very rushed.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yes ... provided there are events to attend.

Small clubs and large arenas will bounce back, but I'm wondering about the 1,000 to 3,000-seat theaters. It will be at least one year without any shows for them -- and more importantly, one year without concertgoers buying alcohol at the shows.

I'm guessing at least 50 percent of those establishments won't reopen. I know of at least one place near me that's gone, and it was a great place to catch a show.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once I get the vaccine, I'll be back. But I hadn't been to a 20,000+ crowd event in five years anyway.

Probably mask on until infection rates really bottom out.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The number of people is not as important as the proximity and whether it is indoor or outdoors

I would be much more comfortable seeing the newest iteration of the Grateful Dead at a stadium show than seeing the local tribute band, Box of Rain, at a “club” with 400 people.

Draft saved Draft deleted