1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Getting A Flu Shot?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 22, 2009.

?

Will You Be Getting A Flu Shot?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

53.8%
  1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I work in a hospital. They made the season flu vaccine free for employees.

The H1N1 isn't available yet. I don't think I'm getting that one though. Not sure I trust the lack of government study up to this point.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Got the seasonal flu shot last weekend. My wife and two sons got theirs today.

Flu -- the real flu -- is a motherfucker. I've had it twice in my life, and wanted to die both times.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I got my flu shot last Thursday. I'm still not sure about getting the H1N1. I don't really see the harm in it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've always gotten the regular flu shot and will again this year.

I'm getting very conflicting information about the H1N1 vaccine from medical professionals that makes me very uneasy about getting it and even more uneasy about giving it to my kids.

I hear one side where some medical professionals are refusing to get it because it hasn't been tested enough and another side that swears it's fine. My kids have different doctors and one said we should get it and the other said it's not safe.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

When I was in grad school it was pretty much mandatory. The way the program was structured, nobody could afford to miss that much time academically.

Now? I'm not at high risk, and I'm not around anyone who is. I'm pretty healthy, so I'll pass.

Draft saved Draft deleted