1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Getting A Flu Shot?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 22, 2009.

?

Will You Be Getting A Flu Shot?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

53.8%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've never gotten before but considering this year.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Have the past five years, including last week. Way I see it, $20 is a strong investment against a week's worth of agony.

RB

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Also, wee RB (at left) got her second in as many years last week.

RB

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be on AG?

And, to answer the question, yes. Hopefully going in a few weeks to get one.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about it. If I get sick, it's for about two days and it's not the flu, just the normal cold.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm 48, and I don't even know what the flu is (other than what I've read).

God didn't give me much in the looks department, but He gave me the Terminator's immune system.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've never had the flu, and never had a flu shot.

But after seeing a few friends/family of mine come down with it, I'm getting the shot this year.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Never had a flu shot, won't be getting one this year. Fail to see how they help, but hey, more power to ya.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They do reduce your chances of getting the flu. That doesn't mean you will get it without the shot. It isn't even a 100-percent guarantee that you won't get the flu if you do get the shot. But your odds are much better.

It is particularly important for small children, the elderly or anybody with respiratory problems to get a flu shot. That last bit is why I always get one. Damn Asthma. Actually, the health risk isn't the main reason I get one. It is the Asthma that makes my doctor, my wife and my mother hassle me until I get it, so it's more a matter of keeping them from driving me nuts.

On the plus side, my office has somebody coming in a couple of weeks to give them for free.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Seems like every year I get one, I get the flu. But this year as a caretaker of an infant, I'm going to take all the shots they'll give me.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Never got one. Don't plan to any time in the future.
    Don't by into the H1N1 hype, Boom.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Yes, definitely. Do so every year and have never gotten the flu.

I will also be asking about a pneumonia shot. My parents also go this last year, although my doc said not necessary for me....yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted