1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will this hold up?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Precious Roy, May 26, 2011.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

wow. did the home team coach not care since they were disbanding or did he say something about the calls. that's quite a disparity.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The head coach was Micheal Ray Richardson, he had some choice words.
    Here's video of him chasing the refs off the court and the melee that ensued after game 3. He spent the rest of the night chasing the owner of the Rochester team, the refs, the players, the coaches and everyone not related to his own team trying to fight because he felt like everything was stolen from him.

http://ow.ly/55dGK

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

So the lawsuit should fall apart pretty quickly.

It's unclear to me from reading the linked story whether OurSportsCentral.com, or its owner, was actually sued. If they were, they have immunity from these kinds of claims under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. It looks to me like they probably were since the league is seeking to have the posts removed.

The claim against the individual poster could move forward, but would be hard to prove and if he wanted to fight it he could drag the whole thing out for a tremendously long time (perhaps longer than the league will be around).

But I cruised over to the message board just to get a look at it out of curiosity and the poster who is being sued has an "Official apology to the pbl" thread up where he says he went back and edited all of his own posts about the league and he wants the lawsuit dropped. If that's the only remedy the league was seeking, then it has happened and doesn't make sense to go forward.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. I think the league just wanted to flex some muscle and it scared the poster enough to pull comments, which was exactly what they wanted.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

wow. Michael Ray was pissed, but what was with that ref. he just walks off the court when it looked like the other ref was hearing most of it from Richardson.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The league be sinkin'.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How low can it sink?

Draft saved Draft deleted