1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the dollar collapse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Outgoing IMF chief thinks it might ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071022/ts_afp/imfeconomyforexdollar_071022192726

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thanks for another fuck up Fredo

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The fact that our loonie is equal to and at times has been worth more than the U.S. dollar in the last little while probably is a sign that all is not well.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As much problems as Fredo has caused, this isn't entirely his doing. Sure, he did put Sallie Mae in a position with very little leverage to help ease the housing problem, but that was expected.

The housing bubble really was the major problem. What contributes to it, which is Fredo's big mistake, is the billions of dollars blown in the Iraq adventure.

I don't see the dollar dropping to the point where it is worthless. I can see it dropping more by the end of the year, particularly if the Fed cuts rates again.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Remember the good old days when the loonie was right around Weimar-Republic Deutschmark status? Now, it's on par... but its not Fredo's fault...

6. heyabbott

The budget deceit, due to a few trillion dollars spent in Iraq, certainly has something to do with it.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

When I first started at the magazine a few years ago, I was getting $1.59 for every American dollar I earned. Now I'm getting $0.966.

I'm not complaining, because I had it good for a long time, but that's an alarming swing.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Jones,

Ditto.

YHS, etc

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's your punishment for sending us William Shatner.

10. heyabbott

Do an iTunes search on William Shatner, you can hear him sing

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yes, I mentioned that. However, the biggest problem is the housing industry. A lot of money was borrowed and much of that won't be paid back. This is where it all starts.

Because Fredo jumped into Iraq, all he did was compound a problem that was going to occur anyway. He really is a dimwit.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted