1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Clemens return?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Oct 11, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Yes. That's because pitching in the major league is perhaps at its poorest level ever in terms of talent.

2. But what team will be willing to meet his demands, besides the Yankees?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Rangers?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Red Sox would waste the money on him for one year, to see that he gets into the Hall with a B on his cap.

It'd be a foolish "investment."

5. boots

boots New Member

The Astros because he'd be a drawing card. Hell even Atlanta, Tampa Bay or Miami might take a flyer on him.

6. Do you really think they'd throw away that much money? With their pitching staff, they have no need for Clemens.

7. The Astros have too many holes on their team to waste that much money on a guy who might win 6 games. And Tampa Bay and Miami(?) haven't exactly been big spenders in the free agent market.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Tampa Bay would make no sense, because Clemens would get ripped by the Red Sox and Yankees lineups.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If he was willing to take a "discount" of $15 million or so, yes.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think this settles it.

11. Yeah, but I think we've heard that before. ;)

12. You know the Sox much better than I. Would the Red Sox Nation want him back after his trip to the dark side?

Draft saved Draft deleted