1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Caleb Hannan ever address the Dr. V story?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Feb 20, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As I recall, the folks who originally questioned the lede were criticized by the longform coterie for questioning its veracity.

Maybe a video exists!

Surely he didn't make it up. There has to be a reasonable explanation, and how dare you for not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope if I ever do something really bad, I have the longform coterie or John Harbaugh around to defend me.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Phrases I would like to see banned in 2014:

"longform coterie "

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where does it rank vs. Cisphobia?

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

From our studios in New York City, this is Charlie Rose.

Rose: Tonight, a conversation with journalist Caleb Hannan.

(Charlie Rose on PBS is brought to you in part by JPMorganChase: providing financial services and solutions to more than 30 million consumers, institutions, corporations and governments worldwide).

Rose: Welcome, Caleb Hannan.

Hannan: Thank you, Charlie. Happy to be here.

Rose: In the wake of your controversial Dr. V story, you have kept a low profile. Why is that?

Hannan: Well, Charlie, the criticism of that story has just been overwhelming. Especially from sportsjournalists.com

Rose: Ted Nugent recently apologized for calling President Obama "a subhuman mongrel." Why haven't you apologized?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If only Hannan had some other, less formal, more direct means of communicating his thoughts.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Word choice is everything.
    Sorry to call this gang exactly what it is.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Simmons apologized. He's the No. 1 pimp of sports longform.

I didn't like his apology all that much but I can't say he didn't. He did.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Maybe he just doesn't give a fuck what you think of him or his career or how he should conduct himself because....who are you, again??

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Simmons made nice- the pretense of an apology, his hapless reader drowning in his words as always.
    He is the equivalent of the old fast talker, only he takes 8,000 of them to arrive at an actual point.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

I have asked this before on this site- How many of these guys were either only children or home-schooled?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's a reader.

But who gives a fuck about them, right? So long as the Twitter hosannahs are flowing from other writers.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That is a great phrase.

Draft saved Draft deleted