1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilkes-Barre looking for a sports writer........again?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Dec 12, 2006.

1. lohengrin

lohengrin Member

He claims he's going into radio. The TL had a front-page story about it on 1/23.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Did he get work with the local Radio Disney affiliate?

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Word on the street is, the SE just resigned. He'll still be there through March, but I would doubt he'll be involved in the hiring process.

4. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Member

I wish I had a clever username...

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Why do I feel like I have a good idea who this is? No outing, just saying.

6. I didn't think much of Andy Dufresne the first time I laid eyes on him. Looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man.

7. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

What happened with the SE? What led to the resignation?

8. Keystone

Keystone Member

A little birdie told me today that the job was offered to a veteran who had grown up outside W-B, but he turned it down over pay.

Keep the resumes coming.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Keystone, which gig? And how bad was the pay?

10. Keystone

Keystone Member

It was for the reporter's job. Apparently the difference in pay was about 6K. Would've been a great salary for that area for someone single, not so great if you're raising a family.

11. boots

boots New Member

Apparently, $115 stood in the way of taking the gig. I'm suprised a medium couldn't have been found.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

A well-placed source tells Wicked that the main beat on this reporter gig would be field hockey. Not disparaging field hockey, but are ya gonna really get room to grow with a beat that centers on chicks with sticks?

Draft saved Draft deleted