1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wilbon vs. Feinstein vs. Couch Slouch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sixthstjoe, Mar 29, 2010.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'm in the minority on this, but I've never found Norman Chad to be even remotely funny or interesting. Lazy and obvious, yes. Funny? No. For him to suggest Feinstein is a bad writer is comical. Feinstein's blog posts are better than Chad's published work. And to take shots at Kornheiser's work on MNF when Chad's crowning achievement in TV is being the inoffensive color guy on poker broadcasts is a little pathetic.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This.

Been skipping over his stuff for years. Not funny at all.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Feinstein is jealous because he didn't get to appear with Chad in "Tilt," the TV mini-series about the colorful world of high-stakes poker.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Don't know if you're in the minority or not, but put me in this club. I kind of remember him being funny/relevant with The National, but he's like Friends to me - don't get why people like him as everytime I read him (or watch in the case of Friends) I don't even chuckle.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Perhaps nobody really cares about this childish pissing contest.

6. sixthstjoe

sixthstjoe New Member

If we're talking Chad vs. Feinstein now, to borrow a Chad-like expression......
    that's J.D. Salinger vs. a stenographer.

Humor is subjective; Chad cracks me up again and again. Deride him all you want, his poker work is TV sublime.
    Feinstein is a 5,000-word-an-hour cliche machine.

7. When I saw Feinstein doing color commentary for meaningless Patriot League games - would I have had a justifiable homicide reason for shooting him?

8. Mike Nadel

Mike Nadel Member

Norman Chad cracks me up. John Feinstein is a gifted writer. Mike Wilbon is a talented dude and a nice guy face-to-face. There. I said it. What a jerk I am.

9. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

I remember Feinstein's work as a Washington Post staff writer. It was not that special. And if it was about a subject you knew, you could spot many errors very easily.

Chad, in his quirky way, has very high standards.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Keep it up, pal, and you're gonna get banned from this site.

11. Crash

Crash Active Member

Hell, Season on the Brink is full of errors.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've always liked Couch Slouch. Of course it's the same half-dozen punch lines, but it's three minutes compared to 23 minutes of, say, a Friends rerun with the same half-dozen punch lines.

Draft saved Draft deleted