1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii - or Moddy needs to get out more Part 2,349

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Baseball is cool. I had a rough day not too long ago, and started a baseball game. 22-0 in the first inning. I was talking shit to the computer the entire game, or inning since it was obviously a mercy rule.

Bowling is probably my favorite.

And I have to admit ... we got a Dance Dance Revolution ... and I love the game.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I loved the bowling, but all my throws curved even though I can't get a hook on it in real life to save my life.

Tennis was good too. I liked baseball, but the timing had to be so dead-on.

I also liked the little game that came with it with all the puzzles like 'finding the matching people.' I'm much more a mind puzzle person than I am an athletics person.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

There's also an American Idol game for the Wii. And, finally, Rock Band.

So, Moddy, you can get your musical kicks in many different ways.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I swear this conversation took place last week when I was hanging out at my sister's summer place in the Poconos:

Newphew: We have to creat an Uncle Sp Wii so he can play next time he's here.
    Niece: Yeah, he should be able to do bowling, golf and baseball.. as long as we keep it simple.

We'll find out next week whether I can do this or not.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My roomie in college had it. Very very simple to use.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Going home in a few weeks and will hang out with some old hometown buddies for a night. No Wii, no playstation. Instead we'll drink and try and complete an entire season of Super Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo in a single night. Doesn't make me feel old. Maybe irrelevant, though.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am so there. :D :D :D

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll be Ok as soon as I figure out what the fuck a nunchuck is.

And as long as I stay far away from Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, Guitar Hero is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen.

My wife's cousin has it and he was all giddy about me coming over to play it a few weeks ago. I liked it better when it was called AIR GUITAR. I mean, is that what we've come to as a culture? Video games for AIR FUCKING GUITAR? What kind of jackass came up with that idea? A very rich one. sigh.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd be more worried about blowing out a joint.

11. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Guitar Hero is cool in one situation and one situation only.

At a party with friends, drinking, smoking weed and playing 1 on 1 in the competition mode or whatever. It turns fun only if you get fully into it and drop dope-ass leg kicks and shit like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted