1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii Fit question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Dec 28, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

sure, sneed - cheat yourself and it does nothing. don't think that you can fault the machine for that.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i guess if he leaves it on a tee ...

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Depending on your weight, it is possible to be too big to use a Wii Fit. I think it's around the 300-pound level. I know that I have a neighbor who weighed in on a Wii Fit and was basically told to get off and lose some weight somewhere else first.

P.S. Just checked, and depending on the review, the max weight is anywhere from 300 to 330 pounds.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We use the Fit and it is fantastic.

Will it help you lose 50 pounds? I doubt it, but it is a very good motivator to start you on your way. Look at it as a supplement to what you are doing. Walk 30 minutes a day for a few weeks and the Wii will notice.

I will say it will help you stay at your current weight. The prompting and the BMI checks are very, very nice.

5. 93Devil

A little better than...

[​IMG]

But not as good as...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If one had 100 lbs to lose, do you think it could help with that? It doesn't take much to burn calories at that weight.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, an old friend of mine just told me he was too heavy for the Wii fit, and he weighs 330.

8. 93Devil

Like what was posted above, you have to do more on your own.

Walk 30 minutes every day. Do the Wii for 30 minutes everday. Eat oatmeal and banana for breakfast and progresso soup for lunch and do not eat fast food for dinner. Drink water and not soda and have healthy snacks around between meals and it will come off.
    The Wii fit is your personal trainer. It will not work by itself.

I have dropped 8% of by body mass since January 3rd when I broke my ankle, and the highlighted portion is the main reason.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm doing the walking and am attending Weight Watchers. I'm really not a gym person and am looking for something I can do on my own which is why the Wii Fit seems ideal.

10. 93Devil

It is the perfect complement to what you are doing now.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks very much, 93d. Now I know what I want for my birthday!

Psssttt .... ijag ..... make sure JR sees this thread! :D

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not-so-subtle PM is sent, m'lady.

Draft saved Draft deleted