1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii emergency ... Bolt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wii Fit is great for kids and parents alike. My sister has lost 17 pounds using it. For people who don't like to go to the gym (ie. me) it gives you the ability to work out in your living room in a way that treats it more like a game.

I've also heard of many women who enjoy doing Wii Yoga.

I've never heard too many knocks on the Wii and am looking to buy one, so I'm a bit surprised by this as well.

I think for hardcore gaming the 360 is probably better, but for having fun at a party-type atmosphere, working out or for your kids, Wii is the way to go.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love the Wii. I don't have one, but my roommate did last year and we would have parties where we would go downstairs and play doubles tennis and baseball and stuff. The Wii sports is a LOT of fun but fair warning: you're using all of the muscles that you do when actually playing the sports (at least I do...I can actually hit the ball in the tennis version, unlike in real life) so you'll probably be sore if you don't at least stretch out your back.

I plan on one of these days ditching my GameCube and getting a Wii and the great thing is I'll be able to use my GameCube games and controllers on the Wii, since it's made to go across all platforms of Nintendo. And you can download classic games to use.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wonder how kids ever got up and active in the olden days?

4. Can I have the second controller?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm taking my kid's tricycle to the grandparents' house for Thanksgiving. I hope the neighbors don't call the cops in bewilderment.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My brother-in-law is 58 and he and my sister use it all the time. He and his grandson have endless hours of bowling tournaments, with the required male bonding insults, as the womenfolk scatter for the safety of the kitchen.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The thing with Wii sports is you don't HAVE to use the muscles the way you do in real sports. You're going to pull something that way. Like in Wii baseball, a quick flick of the wrist gives you a 93 mph fastball, while a full motion gives you 64 mph.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

One-hundred-fifty-dollars ... AND ONE PENNY.

[/dwightshrute]

9. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

That did it. Thanks.

I've decided already that I don't like the game. The fighting parts are too difficult for me. I suppose you have to hit all these buttons in exactly the right order that they pop up on the screen to defeat the guys, and i just can't do it, so they go on forever while the guys keep coming back over and over again.

FWIW, I really like the Wii, but so far it seems you really have to be careful about what games you get, because some are way too hard and some are just too stupid.

It does help you work up a sweat, though.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Our Wii is used primarily for Fit, Guitar Hero and DDR.

And if you really want a workout that will leave you sore for days, play boxing against someone on the Wii Sports disc. Nothing like playing your spouse in that one!

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ill buy it off of you.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was tried higher up in the thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted