1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why You Have to Love the Rocket

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 8, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure that I see any problem with Clemens waiting until the seventh. From a baseball perspective, it makes sense.

I mean, it's not like the Yanks are in a playoff race. ::)

2. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Clemens and his massive 'undoped' body would have snapped Rios like a twig.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My best guess as to how stuff went down:

MLB knew there would be fireworks in NY, so it threatened Toronto into not doing anything. Jays played nice, said everything was over with and bided their time. MLB was tricked into thinking it was over with. Then, when MLB didn't warn them, they unloaded.

No different, IMO, than Clemens waiting until he was done for the night to drill Rios.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

bean
    n.
    a. Any of various New World twining herbs of the genus Phaseolus in the pea family, having leaves with three leaflets, variously colored flowers, and edible pods and seeds.
    b. A seed or pod of any of these plants.
    2. Any of several related plants or their seeds or pods, such as the adzuki bean, broad bean, or soybean.
    3. Any of various other plants or their seeds or fruits, especially those suggestive of beans, such as the coffee bean or the vanilla bean.
    4. Slang A person's head.
    5. beans Slang A small amount: I don't know beans about investing.
    6. Chiefly British A fellow; a chap.
    tr.v. beaned, bean·ing, beans Slang
    To hit (another) on the head with a thrown object, especially a pitched baseball.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with being smart and a bad ass. Why get thrown out of a game when you're working on a 1 hit shut out, as he was in the 3rd inning.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As much as Roger has sucked at pitching this year, what he did yesterday was correct. I'm sorry that Toronto fields a team of cry-babies that bristle at a guy yelling "ha" as he runs past them.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At least testing him for rabies...

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I have a buddy who just despises Rajah who raises a valid point: How the fuck old is Clemens and is he the oldest man on Earth to highlight his hair?

I'm not talking about dying your hair as you go gray, I'm talking about the frosted-blonde frat boy highlights he's still sporting into his 40s.

Does Debbie demand this, or is Rajah still hoping to pull some Annie ass on the road?

9. Bien joue, mon ami.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

any team would have bitched about that, his own teamates didn't even have his back when it happended. Having said that I think what happened last night was perfect. A-Rod gets hit and Clemens responded. Both pitches nowhere near there heads. Should be end of story

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agree with JC, other than to say Clemens is a prick....

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Interesting trivia. Of The top 11 pitchers with the most hit batsmen, 7 are in the HOF and 2 are active, Randy Johnson (T-3) and Clemens (T-10)

Draft saved Draft deleted