1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why WWE coverage?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR119, Apr 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Didn't the NY Daily News put wrestling results on the agate page, way back, like in the 80s? Pretty sure remember reading it.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Should have said everything they think they can make money off of. It still chaps my ass that they're trying to make the entire country give a shit about the NBA. I like the NBA fine, but I don't need wall-to-wall coverage on a daily basis.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

The answer is no.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Friday was a good example. I was watching baseball, but kept seeing tweets on some epic hockey games (waves at Elliotte), and flipped to the third period of Sharks-Kings. But turn on the WWL, and of course the lead story was LeBron.

JR119 likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The fact they cover the shit out of NBA and virtually ignore the NHL is fucking embarrassing. I know they want to slant things toward their properties and the sports they broadcast, but it has gotten so far out of hand that I can barely stomach it anymore.

studthug12 and JR119 like this.
  6. JR119

JR119 Member

This is the top headline on FOXSports.com (Friday, 3:31 p.m. ET)
    upload_2016-5-6_12-33-6.png
    I wonder if ESPN, Yahoo & CBS are scrambling to write something up on this. Nothing like getting beat on a huge story.

7. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

What would you rather run? JV results or wrestling results? They seem to share many of the same qualities.

8. JR119

JR119 Member

JV results? What sites have you been looking at?
    Any of these would do:
    upload_2016-5-6_14-0-46.png

Draft saved Draft deleted