1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Women Still Can’t Have It All

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Well what a surprise. Who the hell would want to marry a woman already through two divorces?

2. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Plenty of people. Failed marriages can often involve bad people, but not necessarily TWO such people. Perhaps she just married a bad guy twice. That happens. I've seen it happen to wonderful people. But given the flippancy of your comment, I doubt you're much concerned with nuance. Are divorces a red flag? They can be. But they're not a death sentence.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

WRT to "having it all," I think it just all ties in with the problems of modernity. One thing I've learned through my study of feminism is that no one knows how to criticize a woman like another woman. Recently, this has been termed the "mommy wars," but it's been going on for a long time. The major metropolises are the media epicenters for this problem, but they exist everywhere.

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

No, that doesn't *just* happen. Is she not picking these men? Were these both arranged marriages? You are incredibly and pitifully naive.

Sorry, but there's too much inherent risk with marrying someone already through two divorces at 32. THIRTY-TWO!

I'm able to read the writing on the wall and I'm not betting my financial well-being on a woman who has already been through two divorces at 32. Would you bet on pigs eventually being able to fly?

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

[​IMG]

"Oh, now it all makes perfect sense."

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Boy, you sound like a real keeper.

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Well, we at least know he's never been happily married. And who knows if he's ever had a serious girlfriend.

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I assume next he'll tell us how many hot chicks he's banged, to validate his awesomeness and infallibility on the topic of women.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Agree on this. But if you really enjoyed that particular bathroom (our city), you might wait it out because pissing there is very delightful. :)

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Women don't understand because they rarely have anything to lose from marriage. Men, on the other hand, have a lot to lose from marriage. What, exactly, can a man get from marriage that he can't get without that signed contract? Specific examples, please, other than the obvious tax breaks, inheritance rules and power of atty stuff.

More than anything, it's extremely chilling you find divorce so casual. I guess that's just part of "having it all," right?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This discussion certainly has taken an interesting turn into the abyss of the human soul.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There was once a moron on this board who said all women were technically whores because they got married for the perks, ie engagement rings, lifetime financial security, etc. The board was literally shut down for two hours to clean up the mayhem. Not exaggerating.

Not going to waste the time responding directly to your post, because it's too fucking dumb to contemplate, as are you, but the guy mentioned above was outed, shredded, and sent whimpering back to message board oblivion, flaccid and quivering. Have a nice day.

Draft saved Draft deleted