1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why vigilante justice is a bad idea, . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could determine with any certainty that a neighbor did not fondle himself in front of a 2-year-old and touch her "inappropriately."

Unless, of course, the 2-year-old was never out of your sight long enough for such a thing to happen.

I think football_bat is onto something here, though.

Wife may have been thinking, "How do I get back at my looser husband and get rid of creepy neighbor in one stroke? Hmmm.?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only person on earth who doesn't have thoughts like this? I mean, isn't getting a divorce and moving a tad bit simpler... and more moral?

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Was the wife, like PSYCHE!...Oh, why are so bloody?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you are counting on people acting morally?

Hey, good luck with that.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, yeah. I am counting on people not committing murder. It's why I leave my apartment every day. My faith has paid off remarkably well so far.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

edited for fun

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't need to even leave your apartment to be murdered, though.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

But it's a lot more expensive.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

wfw

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Absolutely unreal. This definately should start making people check and double check to make sure they have the RIGHT person to accuse.

Fuck all of that psychology babble. The dad was clearly in the wrong, regardless what his wife's accusations were based on.

Just because a guy in his 50's who lives by himself, work for a funeral home/library/third shift, and looks goofy or strange, that shouldn't automatically make him a pedophile every time out.

I have to the asshole here and say that the dad should go to prison. He'll know what molestation means when he gets there.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

D_3,

So you are down for being against killing innocent people, even if creepy.

Check.

Draft saved Draft deleted