1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why The World Is Not An Episode Of 24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

In service of party purity, Yawn casts out the weak, the corrupt, and the retrograde unfaithful.

[​IMG]

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yawn --

When were you elected to speak for the Republican party?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Was this the board's first 'Skinny Legs' reference?
    Bravo.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'm so jealous of those pictures.

And I think Joe gets the nod for first Skinny Legs reference, with his Wolfmother wallpaper thing. I have to say I learned more Middle East history from that book than anything else.

5. I'd be interested in what truth I am afraid to confront.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just follow your paste remarks. Research, though, seems to be a challenge for you.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Tony, you never cease to amaze me, y'know? Time and time again you make statements like this and time and time again your face gets smeared into it and the thread becomes a name-calling pissing match.

Don't you think that your supposition about the origin of liberals is just a bit misguided? I mean, I won't think you any less of a man if you retract, here and now, the above statement. There's nothing wrong with admitting an error...I've done it and it's part of what makes a person an adult. But someone who can't ever admit a mistake? That's just childish.

You know what you've said about liberals is wrong, and you know you're just using the dissent as a logic leap to then say, if you dissent, you must just want to run away.

We as a nation have allowed a real ugly mess to develop over there and few of us have a solution that work. Kill all the terrorists? Can't be done. Kill all Muslims? Can't be done. Run away and hide? Can't be done.

Something can be done, but first, you have to identify the problem and what, specifically, went wrong so you can start fixing it, piece by piece.

But no, your solution is better. Bash anyone who bashes Bush or the war, then belittle them for not coming up with a solution when the total number of solutions offered by you equals Britney Spears' IQ.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Tony, the truth makes people wince. We know that. They spin it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It would be nice if Tony spoke the truth, especially with statements like the one above. The fact is, no matter the amount of spin you or he put on it, a lie is still a lie and a falsehood is still a falsehood.

And the name calling you so conveniently deride when others do it? You're just as guilty with your homophobic comments a bit earlier. Again, it's the truth as you see it.

10. Neither of the two paste-eaters deserve anything but ridicule.
    There are conservatives on this site who deserve enormous respect -- GI, the Winger, AQB, Junkie and even hondo, on occasion -- but paste-eaters are paste-eaters, even if their Heads don't Bobble any more.

11. Don't forget the good Pope, Fenian.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I enjoy a good-spirited debate, even with the noted conservatives. But when there's an unthinking stance being taken, it's pretty much a waste of bandwith.

Draft saved Draft deleted