1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the hell is a dog show considered a sport?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Feb 13, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

I can never understand why the dog show is considered a sport? It isn't a dog race, it is just what dog looks better. That would be like if they ran Miss America results on Sportscenter.

The most athletic part of the dog show is when the judge sticks his finger up the dog's ass........ (waiting for a boot's neighbor joke)

2. subhead

subhead Member

It's not.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's like cheerleading competitions or Olympic figure skating. Not a sport so much as an exhibition.

4. XXXX

XXXX Member

It was just featured on SPORTscenter and routinely finds its way into the sports section.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Went into our news section here.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not here it ain't. I put my foot down and made sure that shit went in the features section.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's time to pull out "Best in Show" from the shelf. That movie will definately explain to you, in hilarity, why people think that the Westminster is a sport.

Fred Willard is fucking hilarious in it.

8. XXXX

XXXX Member

whew, i'm glad some people actually have balls in this world.

none the less, i just had to sit through a 3 minute segment on sportscenter with stewey, and you know he was using all the "what up dog?" shit that he could cram into one segment.

9. XXXX

XXXX Member

[​IMG]

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

True story (at least I'm pretty sure it is): The Westminster Dog Show (one of the biggest in the world) out-drew Raptors games on television early in the Raptors tenure in Canada.

Then again, curling does better too on tv.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Well, I'd still rather watch a well-manicured bichon frise than John Salley.

12. XXXX

XXXX Member

[​IMG]
    viewers would agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted