1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why no moral outrage from Jesse and Al?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Apr 28, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Race doesn't have a damn thing to do with this. He's black. She's White. That's it. It was a guy looking for an easy mark and he thought he had one in a 101-year-old woman.
    Why would you waste a brain cell to even throw race into the picture?
    Damn.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wow.

Let me know when I can post the reverse of that here without you splooging in anxiety all over the thread.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're talking to me, but if you are ... the person who started the thread introduced race into the discussion. I was replying to that aspect. I addressed the other by agreeing with BT. A crime is a crime, and it's good this guy was caught.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep.

5. boots

boots New Member

That's what should happen but some nitwits want to build an isolated incident into something that never was. Race was not the issue here. Robbing an elderly woman was. That fucker didn't care if she was 61 or 101. He saw an easy victim.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Honest question:

If it was a 101-year-old black woman getting mugged by a 44-year-old white man, do you think Al and/or Jesse would make a public comment?

7. boots

boots New Member

I think anyone, including Al and/or Jesse wouldn't condone such a thing. She was white. That's not the issue. She was vulnerable and a pussy took advantage of it. There's no racial issue here. That's like saying what if white people were slaves before being freed by Lincoln's Emancipation Proclimation.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But the point is not what should happen, boots. The point is, if what wicked says happened, Al and Jesse would be all over TV.

That is fact.

9. boots

boots New Member

We don't know that to be fact. It's a supposition at best.
    Al and Jesse don't speak for black amerikkka. They speak because the media thinks they are the voice of black amerikkka. As long as the media gives them a platform, they are going to perform. People pay attention to them because the media makes people pay attention to them.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And I won't disagree with that point. But if race doesn't matter (as you're saying it doesn't) then why would they speak in one instance and not the other?

That's the point of this thread.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You'd think I would run out of times I could plausibly say this, but this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on here.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And that's saying a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted