1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why must men's room be so nasty?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I am told that older men don't so much have trouble aiming, as they have trouble shaking the last few drops loose.

And yes, I found it difficult to even write that.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Mainly because men pee on the floor.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Maybe this explains why they aren't allowed in the announcer's booth at NFL games (crossthread).

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I agree completely about women's bathrooms being worse than men's.

Used to work the closing shift at the downtown Taco John's in Iowa City when I was in college. Bathroom cleanup duty ... wow.

I'll try to think of that again when I'm pissed off tonight on the copy desk. It will make me count my blessings.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This has to be a psychological disorder with people.

Who drops their kids at the side of the pool without it being intentional? I know the Mountain Dew fountain can be a little strong on somedays and power wash an unwanted area, but seriously? What manner of person does this with the kids?

And everyone checks their work, so forgetting to flush cannot be a problem either.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I've never figured out why public facilities aren't completely tiled, waterproofed, a floor drain on a 2-3 degree slope and a hose faucet installed so cleanup with a garden hose and giant brush/broom would be quick and simple.

Hose down everything, scrape up whatever's left and put it in a bag, spray everything with Lysol and turn off the lights.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Dude in the bar toilet last night never flushed after pissing and left this glorious three-inch head of foam.

Anybody got any theories on the biochemical and physical parameters that must exist for such a phenomenon? The surface tension properties of water were on full display, but that must have taken a horse-like torrent to propel that much gas underwater.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The urinal where I work is an older model and normally begins smelling strongly of urine about 10:30 every morning. Urinal cakes are lacking and needed badly.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Was the guy Glen Rice?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Cleaning the women's bathroom -- especially the one at that last restaurant I worked at -- was the worst thing. The stuff I saw in those bathrooms ... well, I don't want to get into the details.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Did not see who the swordsman was. He just left his calling card, the mark of Pisso. Made for entertaining target practice.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You work at a urinal? That's worse than being a journalist!

Draft saved Draft deleted