1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why must men's room be so nasty?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Trough style is the worst.
    I remember during the Mariners playoff run of 1995 in the Kingdome, the troughs were filled with seeds, chew, toilet paper, vomit, and countless other things. Basically by the 7th inninig the troughs were overflowing and repulsive.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I refuse to use em now and wait till I can half kick a door open to a stall, use it without touching anything and get the hell outta there before I want to bathe in lysol.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What I'd like to know is what's so important that people have to talk on the cellphone while using the public urinal or toilet? The person on the other end of the phone probably doesn't want to hear the sounds of the bathroom.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, did the same people who built the Browns stadium build that one?

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

Nothing will ever compare to the uni-sex john at Roar Roads bar in Torino during the Olympics. A hole in the floor and that was nearly over-flowing.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Four years later, and the men's room is still funky.

Who would have guessed.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Saw sunflower seed shells on the floor in the shitter the other day, meaning someone was cracking shells while pooping.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Or maybe already had a bunch in their chipmunk-like cheeks and just kept chewing and spitting while they deuced? Nasty either way.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The ladies room at a gay bar is immaculate. Straight men are encouraged to use those facilities.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There are only a handful of bathrooms on campus for which access is restricted to faculty and staff, and none of them are near my office.
    The general, student-access bathrooms are pretty gross.

However, none of them in my four years in this job, equals that disgusting bathroom I referenced on the first page of this thread. It was 25 feet off the newsroom and asbolutely gross, reaching a crescendo when I found that pair of sh#tty drawers in there and feces all over the walls and floor.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

As a guy who used to own a commercial cleaning business, I would say that women's rooms were always dirtier. Plus there are things you just don't want to see....THINGS MAN.....Not cool.

The messiest people also tend to be women (IMO).

12. John

John Well-Known Member

At every game I cover I'm amazed at how nasty the men's room is. The amount of pee on the floor beneath the urinals makes me wonder if a lot of people have trouble aiming.

Draft saved Draft deleted