1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is a CNN reporter on the TSA watchlist?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 18, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/why_is_the_tsa_watching_this_man_89534.asp

Well, why is a Caucasian named Drew Griffin (oooh, there's a scary-sounding name!) on the TSA watchlist? Perhaps it's petty retaliation for his recent reporting on the TSA for CNN. And can he use what he's learned recently to get off the list? For that matter, why is a former U.S. prosecutor and law-school dean on the TSA watch list (as noted in the previous link)?

This is just a straight-up abuse of power. Be warned, anybody who wants to report on the government: piss 'em off and you'll have problems with air travel for decades.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It takes a lot less than that to get on the watch list. As I might have mentioned, I'M on it. And by extension, my father, my oldest son and all 100,000 other people named Robert Cook.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

John Lewis is on it too.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/07/18/lewis_terrorist_list.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Needless to say, if and/or when the next terrorist atrocity takes place on U.S. soil, the perpetrators will NOT be on the list.
    Abolishing the TSA would be a fine idea.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Watch it, MG. Just by saying that, you might wind up on the list. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted