1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'll never make fun of Barry Manilow again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Looks like he made it.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No one's bent out of shape --- just highly amused that a professed liberal would be so big a gash that he won't be on the same show with a woman who happens to hold differing views. It's merely a bit of hypocrisy that makes you guys so freaking funny sometimes. I mean, come on ... what would the reaction of the libs be if Charlton Heston or Tom Selleck (who, by the way, was never afraid of appearing on a show with the other Cracklin Rosie -- O'Donnell) backed out of an appearance on Hannity and Colmes because they were afraid of big, bad Alan Colmes?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Alan Colmes is neutered and muzzled, so that's not a fair comparison.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

God, you righties must need a freaking infirmary for all the times you're victimized.

So Barry Manilow speaks for liberalism now? I can hear Jeff Jacoby firing up the computer now to add Manilow, that high-profile Democratic Party operative, to his annual joke of a haters-on-the-left column.

And this from the side of the aisle that created First Amendment zones.

Next thing you know, someone will be on Sports And News insisting that John Kerry's unwillingness to become a de facto campus police chief and stop the use of taser guns was a cowardly act that nullifies every ounce of his war service.

Oh, wait, someone already has.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well THAT certainly seemed unnecessary. But then that's what I get for not reading the fine print on the tolerance policy.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Like I previously posted dude ... no one's feeling any victim status here. The Barry story is simply hilarious.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I hope he wasn't planning on singing Copacabana...

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Manilow's chief offense here is that he was being imprecise.

She's not particularly "dangerous", nor "offensive".

She's just a broadly-moronic cow.

It'd be duck soup to debate her, one-on-one.

Deer in headlights.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So anyone disagreeing with you is a moronic cow?
    If that's the substance of your arguments with people taking opposing viewpoints from you, the debate would indeed be one-sided -- against you.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Read carefully, Hon. You know better.

Not a blanket statement . . . merely a specific observation about a sheltered woman with an absurdly-narrow worldview.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why is that your standard accusation whenever someone criticizes her? It isn't that she disagrees with Ben or myself, it's that she seems unable to do it intelligently. I don't dislike GOPers by rote, but I do dislike stupidity, on both sides of the aisle.

Cue hondo talking about Hasselbeck's degree from Boston College in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

IMO, ABC should have hired another right or center person to balance out that panel. As it is now, maybe the best thing for Elisabeth to do would be to leave this show and watch it implode.

Draft saved Draft deleted