1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why GOP embraces simpletons and how it hurts America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Yes, we can!"

"Hope."

"Change."

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm talking about the thread in general. It's essentially, "Why Republicans love stupid people and how it hurts the country."

The other threads are news (for the most part). This is one that is begging for a fight, which is something we don't need.

Nothing wrong with getting snippy back and forth or trading barbs, but "Why the other side is stupid" threads from either side are what leads to politics being banned.

3. Dick Whitman

The thread title is a direct quote of a column on Yahoo.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes, I would.

5. Mizzougrad96

What does that have to do with anything?

Should I go find the headlines from Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin columns and use them as the guideline for thread titles?

6. Dick Whitman

The only tweak I would make is putting the thread title in quotation marks.

People's goddamned feelings are so fragile around here. My gosh.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So would I. I'm always amused at how Tricky was depicted as a second-rate intellect, while the Kennedy sons were perceived as being deep, accomplished thinkers.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BC and it's Law School are terrific places. I'm a huge fan.

But Kerry is a blue blood who went to Yale undergrad. He was a war hero. Harvard Law is where he wanted to go. It's where someone like him should have gone.

BC's fine, but "top 25" is not the same as number 1 (or two or three).

And, you can't tell me to dismiss GWB's Yale and Harvard degrees, or Romney's Harvard degrees, and pretend I'm not going to notice that Kerry and Gore don't have advanced degrees from either.

And, Gore "decided it wasn't for him?" I suppose that's the same reason I dropped out of BC undergrad. They might tell a different story.

What was for Gore? Pot smoking? Or was that Kerry?

Gore has an undergrad from Yale. he attended, but didn't earn a post graduate degree from two different schools.

His daddy was a Senator. If I'm supposed to believe Harvard & Yale hand out advanced degrees like candy to the sons of George Romney and George HW Bush, then I'm sure Gore would have been on the freebie list as well.

So, why didn't he get one if it was just there for the taking for kids like him?

9. Mizzougrad96

Pot, meet kettle...

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bridge to the 21st Century.

11. Dick Whitman

As far as Gore goes, I don't know. He was, what? Twenty-two years old. He did fine in his semester at Vandy. The grades have been documented. Law school sucks, and it is interminable if you decide you don't want to practice. I think he left to be a newspaper reporter, right? Is that not a respectable enough reason?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, it sure speaks to a lack of intelligence ...

KIDDING!

Draft saved Draft deleted