1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why everybody hates Red Sox Nation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I liked this thread much better when we were just trashing the Red Sox.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think it's because their fans refer to themselves as a "nation." That's enough for me to hate them.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Red Sox, Alabama, Notre Dame, there's plenty of trashing to go around.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If anything, it's Pilgrim Nation.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

As a Red Sox fan that is not a fan of "the Nation", this is stupid.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that. But the NCAA should't count victories over high schools, athletic clubs and dental schools.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think we need a video game developed so these loons can settle this issue on the virtual field.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Agreed. I thought finally winning one would make them easier to bare, but not so far. I go out of my way to root against them, except when they are playing the Yankees.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There are several MLB fan bases that have become screechingly intolerable.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but are the future dentists going to get a piece of the pie, or will they have to sue?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Very true. If you dig back through the year-by-years of any major D-I program, you'll find a ton of games from that period against tiny colleges, boarding schools, high schools and various semi-pro teams. I know one of our big state schools played several games in the early 1900s against a boarding school not far from here. The boarding school, today, is for high school-aged kids and has been since at least the 1930s.
    I don't think the idea of a traditional 8-10 game schedule even developed until after WWI or so, when conferences started forming. Most teams played 3-5 games per "season" in the early days. As long as everybody counts them, it's nothing to get bent out of shape over.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If there was a vintage baseball video game that faithfully recreated the stadiums and uniforms and mannerisms of the time, I'd pay $299 for it and play it until I used up all my vacation and sick days. And then I'd probably keep playing it until I got fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted