1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you post at Sports Journalists.com?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

This is like watching someone teach a chimpanzee to shoot heroin.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You had me at hello?

Yeah, there's the great advice on career situations and having a place to vent when Johnny Doubledribble's parental unit whines that the second coming of Michael Jordan isn't All-County despite is 3.2 points per game average, but mostly its the intelligent conversation.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fixed

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sig'd.

5. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I come to browse the marketplace of ideas.
    To watch intellectual commerce at work.
    The alligator wrestling and the movements of the great thinkers of our times.
    And the occasional fellowship.
    I'm not here to win a peace prize and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
    The chicks?
    They come for me.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I need more attention.

("The chicks" and other jokes were already taken ... )

Seriously, it was bookmarked on a terminal at my desk by my predecessor. They foolishly let me continue. Sorry, folks ...

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Awesome.

I don't send in applications anymore via SJ. I got a pool boy position and then I didn't even get to clean any pools. Buncha weirdos.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I came here to learn more about what was going on in the sports journalism world. I never planned to post anything (hence my ID name which means nothing to anybody except me and possibly my brother, although he'd never come here). Then some of the subject matters pulled me in (mainly the journalism topics and stuff in the everything else, like TV shows, etc.) and I've posted ever since.

Heck, I think I found an ad for my current job here as well.

9. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I came here to post on good discussion topic threads that you need to check on regularly to get in on before they get locked....cold hard witnesses to the oddity that censorship is alive and well among those who allegedly are first line defenders of the first amendment, unless you've become jaded by the corporate impact upon journalism.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe they're faking it.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And we thank thee, dear (Lord/Allah/Vishnu) that the All-Star break is over.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I found out about this site when I first got back into sportswriting (March 2006) and REALLY needed the advice I found on certain threads...coupled with the venting needed on some other threads.
    My buddy who cluded me in on the site still finds it funny I am a regular poster on here now.

But yeah, honestly, it's nice to be able to talk with like-minded and not like-minded people...because, as we know, trying to talk about your job with someone not in the biz is annoying, cause they don't "get" it.

Draft saved Draft deleted