1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you post at Sports Journalists.com?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Do you post to learn information about sports journalism and the journalism industry? Do you post to piss anonymous people off? Do you post because you have no friends and this is as close as it gets to having one for you? Heck, maybe its all those reasons and more. Whatever it is, why do you post at Sports Journalists.com?

2. Saw it in the history of the writer who had this desk before me, wanted to see what it was all about.

Eventually got hooked by the random stuff and decided I needed to stay on here.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why not?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

All the above and more, plus with the new owner, there is no guilt about not donating. In reality, when I was still in newspapers, I worked with people that really didn't care about the industry as a whole and didn't have an opinion on much going on in the world besides the next city council meeting or school play. At least people here seem to keep up with current events.

5. For the chicks.

The Phil Collins groupies

Because I got booted from ******** * (The place that shall not be named)

To Steelerjack whenever possible. Roethislberger RULES!!!

To steal phrases and turns from Carebear, Bubbler, Ace and others for my Facebook and Twitter feed! Then people think I am witty, topical and prolly a little unhinged!

To assert myself as the 94th smartest man on the Internet.

And what Creosote said.

* That is awesome! I had no idea that name was banned.
    HINT: It's not TSD.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's like what they say about sex.

Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

(Really it is.)

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The editor's spot above me was open, and a friend told me that people were ripping the job on here.

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Because my friends at Facebook get mad when I am "political" in status updates.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Same thing here to some extent...We hired a guy with really good credentials, but seemed like an idiot. I found his name repeatedly on this site. He was constantly being bashed.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My computer has a virus that keeps bringing me here

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Because I have a lot to say. ... and nobody in my day-to-day life will listen to me. ... so I get it all out on here. ...word after word after word after word.

12. joe

joe Active Member

You hired Whitlock?

Draft saved Draft deleted