1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do women's basketball players stay in school four years?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 3, 2012.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

With Skype and plenty of other forms of communication, that's not a concern anymore.

Jay mentioned a few legit ones, including creepy owners.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yep. I would think that women's careers might be shorter than men's. Just a hunch. No data to back that up.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sheryl Swoopes tells you to fuck off.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I haven't been involved in planning her life, so I don't know whether she's going to need a degree, but there are quite a few fields that require it.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How stable are the teams and their finances, particularly one willing to pay a million to one player? Because I seriously doubt they are filling up 18k arenas across Europe.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yes to all of your questions. And the reason is that you appear to be very, very chauvinistic. Your comment below proves that. You think it's OK for a man to stick around and get a degree, but not a women.

Anytime a women is attempting to get a (and does get) a college degree, she is preventing herself from being saddled with someone that has the same chauvinistic thoughts that you are displaying on this thread.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They don't. Just was reading this the other day. Good piece.

http://www.theworld.org/2012/03/american-basketball-vidnoje/

8. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Or because she likes to play college hoops. That appears to be a difficult concept for you to accept. Why?

9. Dick Whitman

I have no idea where you would even come close to getting that out of anything I've said.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Spoken by someone who is displaying benevolent overlord tendencies, if (again) you think men are the only ones worthy of sticking around to get a college degree.

11. Dick Whitman

It is not difficult for me to accept that one player would make that decision.

It is difficult for me to accept that they all do, against their rational self-interest.

12. Dick Whitman

I have no idea where you are getting this from anything that I've said.

Draft saved Draft deleted