1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did THEY send YOU a card?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Went to the mailbox today and there it was: The Christmas card from A.S.

A.S. is a guy who worked in a distant department at a former employer of mine in 2006. Our paths crossed probably 5 times. I have not seen him in more than 5 years, and I have no reason to believe I will ever see him again. We are not Facebook or LinkedIn connections, and yet, I still receive a Christmas card from him and his wife. My wife is as perplexed as I am -- but maybe we're just anti-social!

Who sends you a card that makes you think, WTF?

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I was just saying, I'd pay money to get off the Chrismas card lists of a few of my cousins. These are people who don't speak to me when we're in the same room at family functions (which is about once every five years now), yet they never fail to send the Perfect Family Christmas Card™ complete with photo of Children On Antique Furniture In Rural Setting®. Ugh. Save the postage.

Draft saved Draft deleted